Tuesday 25 March 2014

My Veggie Patch

You know how I love seeing other women succeed in creating a business out of their passion, and My Veggie Patch is extra special as it's a local Hawke's Bay business. Founder, Anna Curtis, has channelled her love for gardening and healthy eating into a unique business opportunity.




With years of experience in tending her own garden, she's passing on her enthusiasm to her children, and teaching them that veggies don't grow in the supermarket. And if you, like me, are also keen to provide your family with fresh, nutritious veggies, but are perhaps short on time or gardening know-how, Anna will create a garden for you.




If you live in Hawke's Bay you can hire Anna to come and create your very own veggie garden and give you expert advice on how to maintain it. Or you can purchase a veggie crate as an instant garden solution, lined, filled and planted out with seasonal veggie seedlings. These recycled crates are also available to purchase lined and waiting for you to fill and plant, and can be delivered throughout the North Island.




If you're short on space, or have a wall that needs beautifying, the vertical pallet garden is for you. You can plant most small veggie varieties and small plants, anything that likes growing in pots will love the pallet environment. They're great for apartments, offices, shop fronts and more. And the industrial wheel at one end means they're very easy to move around if needed.





As well as gardens and gardening services, Anna has also created a fun and colourful range of My Veggie Patch products. This includes tea towels, harvest hats for adults, and cute bucket hats for the littlies, tote bags, and big spotty Euro-sized cushions - great for your bed or your sofa.











I'm a huge fan of fresh, healthy veggies, but also happen to be slightly challenged in the art of gardening, so I love the idea of having an expert create a garden for me. If this appeals to you too, go and check out Anna's website now. You can also commission her to create customised gardens to suit your space requirements and style preferences. You can keep up to date with all the news on the My Veggie Patch Facebook page.

5 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE this! I keep walking past Gather in Napier and eyeing up that vertical pallet garden. Thanks for the intel Vic! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great Fiona! A vertical palette would be perfect for your place - herbs and lettuces outside your kitchen :) x

      Delete
    2. Roger that. I'm ordering one as we speak. Will def need Anna to come set it up though...or it will just be dirt and weeds outside my window :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, that's all I seem to be able to grow too :) It'll be fab x

      Delete
  2. Vegetable gardening (which I find intimidating) made easy! And the merchandise is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips