Friday 20 April 2012

A Home to Brighten your Day

Come with me while I take you on a tour of Anki and Casper's home. Based in the Netherlands, and also housing their two sons, Wolf and Mus, Anki wanted their home to be colourful, fun, and a place where they could all be themselves. Five years ago she and Casper completely gutted and remodelled their family home. They started with a white backdrop so that all their colourful pieces would really pop out. "Life is so serious at the moment, we all need a place that brightens our lives", says Anki. As Anki and Casper have grown into their house, they've mixed practical ideas with a style that makes them smile.


Lovely open plan living

A lovely mix of colours in the chairs, and patterns in the tiles and wallpaper

Pops of neon brighten the pretty kitchen

Great looking storage inside this cupboard

A perfect place to display some favourite pieces

This is obviously a child-friendly home!

A fabulous little display, and the different handles add interest to the sideboard

Love this little deer peeping out - quirky touches to make you smile

I adore this yellow side board and the print

A cute little home office tucked away behind a door off the bedroom

Nice colours and prints in the master bedroom

Anki obviously shares my love of yellow

This attic bedroom for the boys is a perfect play room

Every child's dream play house!

9 comments :

  1. It's all so WoVely and inspiring......
    Especially in this Autumn, heading into Winter weather!!!
    ................................
    Tania @ Scandi Coast Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and cosy family home, I would have adored this growing up! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I don't know you personally Vic but following your blog and seeing your wonderful products in your shop, I can see why you chose this home. Since discovering your blog I seem to be drawn to colour more and its creeping into my "neutral" home in the form of bright coloured pink and green towels and some lovely lime green and mauve hydrangeas I have bought recently.

    Lee ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that tee pee! Have a great weekend Vic :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me smile too. Love the kitchen floor tiles and their vintage feel and the plate collections as wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you - I love the pops of yellow! In fact, I love how they've used colour throughout. So fresh, bright, lively. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is probably one of the funest homes I have ever seen! I love the little office area (but if I am truly honest, the play house was my favourite)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that a David Trubridge light I spy above the dining room table? Love this house, and great to see a touch of kiwi design on the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips